====== Computational Design ====== With this assignment, we have to experience with the grasshopper and have 3d print it. I have two years of experience with 3D printing but ı've never used grasshopper before. I was really excited beginning with the assignment. First of all, I wanna create random pyramids with grasshopper. I wanted to print pyramids at random heights but the certain rule. ===== Random Pyramids ===== I placed my four points in the coordinate system of the rhino. {{:discussion:fabricademy2017:students:ayseesindurmaz:parametric_design:0.1.jpg?nolink&917x445|0.1.jpg}} And extruded with coordination system again. {{:discussion:fabricademy2017:students:ayseesindurmaz:parametric_design:0.2.jpg?nolink&917x400|0.2.jpg}} And ı duplicated these shapes. {{:discussion:fabricademy2017:students:ayseesindurmaz:parametric_design:0.3.jpg?nolink&917x487|0.3.jpg}} I created Item and Scale likewise ı can control every item size but ı couldn't reach out for a certain rule. {{:discussion:fabricademy2017:students:ayseesindurmaz:parametric_design:1.jpg?nolink&917x516|1.jpg}} ===== Weaverbird Plug-İn ===== Basically ı followed this [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqlhyGTAODQ&index=12&list=LLXilfdH385Sy2a8Ndej0VfA|tutorial]] on youtube. But ı did not complete the whole tutorial because ı just wanted to obtain organic shapes. 1. Create a Rectangular frame from the rhino. — open grasshopper—create a **CRV **from grasshopper—- select the frame from rhino and connect with CRV command—right click on point select **//set one curve. //** It turns //**RED, **// everything is süper!!!---Then create **Pop2D** --- Connect with crv--- It turns //**GREEN**// ---- Alles good. {{:students:ayseesindurmaz:parametric:8.jpg?nolink&917x516}} I basically followed the tutorial at some point. {{:students:ayseesindurmaz:parametric:9.jpg?nolink&917x516}} 2. When the time is ready, type wbjoin, wbbloop,wbframe,wbthicken. Connect them from mesh points. **Wbloop; ** every level value represents the number of face introduction for each object. **Wbframe**; you arrange distance between their node points. **Wbthicken; **the thickness between two faces. For 3D printing, It should be min. 2 mm {{:students:ayseesindurmaz:parametric:10x.jpg?nolink&917x453}} I wanted to make a neckless from these organic shapes. So ı measured my neckless ı need 55 Cm long material. But unfortunately, you cannot print more than 20×20 cm space. I actually wanna create chains to print at the same time. Connected chain. But also I couldn't find how to do that. I figured out that we can choose close mesh points from the model but it was too selecting more than one points at the same time. {{:students:ayseesindurmaz:parametric:11.jpg?nolink&912x513}} ==== Textile 3D printing ==== So when ı baked my followed tutorial. I printed on fabric with flexible PLA. {{:students:ayseesindurmaz:parametric:13.jpg?nolink&917x516}} **Tips and tricks Time! {{http://wiki.textile-academy.org/lib/plugins/ckgedit/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/heart.png?nolink&23x23|heart}}** To print white flexible PLA - Put thin **sewing machine oil** in the extruder - Speed of the machine 20 mm/sec - Enable recreation - Bed temperature first 90 C half of the turn off the bed temperature. {{:students:ayseesindurmaz:parametric:img-5769.jpg?nolink&748x605}} {{:students:ayseesindurmaz:parametric:img_5776.jpg?nolink&281x500}}{{:students:ayseesindurmaz:parametric:img_5818.jpg?nolink&375x500}}{{:students:ayseesindurmaz:parametric:img_5820.jpg?nolink&375x500}} ==== Jewelry for the man ==== Then I printed the same model in big sizes. I also used golden thread to connect them. I also had to chance with manually for the connections. This time ı just used white pla. {{:students:ayseesindurmaz:parametric:img-5813.jpg?nolink&667x500}}{{:students:ayseesindurmaz:parametric:img_5807.jpg?nolink&375x500}} {{:students:ayseesindurmaz:parametric:img_5817.jpg?nolink&375x500}}{{:students:ayseesindurmaz:parametric:img_5810.jpg?nolink&666x500}}